The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear…or by drinking a peppermint mocha smoothie. Full of all your favorite festive flavors, this smoothie not only tastes great, but is great for you (and your waistline)!
Peppermint mocha is one of the quintessential flavors of the holiday season, but traditional preparations of this festive favorite are typically sky high in calories and sugar.
Our Peppermint Probiotic Mocha Smoothie gains its sweetness from half of a banana. Bananas are great for adding natural sweetness to smoothies and are also a good source of dietary fiber, Vitamin C, potassium, and Vitamin B6. Using just half of a banana helps to keep the overall sugar content down without compromising on taste (TIP: freeze the banana overnight to give your smoothie a frothy texture). We also snuck in a serving of leafy greens, plant-based protein, soluble fiber, and 15 billion live and active probiotic cultures. Probiotics, like those found in GoLive, have been shown to help with weight loss and reduction in belly fat. Holiday CHEERS to that!
Enjoy our lighter take on the peppermint mocha shake this holiday season!
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 ½ cups Califia Farms® unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup baby kale
- 1 scoop Vega® Mocha Protein Powder (or your favorite chocolate protein powder!)
- 1 packet GoLive® Flavorless Probiotic & Prebiotic blend
Recipe Development: Kristine Berube, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.