Roasted butternut squash adds seasonal flair and healthy dose of potassium to this dish. (Fun fact: 1 cup of butternut squash packs in more potassium than a banana!) Kale bumps up the volume of this dish and further boosts the fullness factor. Can we get a KALE YEAH!? For a sweet and savory touch, we’ve topped this salad with fresh blueberries and goat cheese. For those looking to add a gut-health boost, simply cool dish to room temperature before sprinkling in one GoLive Flavorless Probiotic + Prebiotic ready-to-mix packet.
You’ve GUT to try this super simple dish, packed with superfoods...go get your freekeh on!
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Add one cup freekeh and 2 cups water to small pot and cook till tender (or follow package instructions). TIP: cracked freekeh is less time consuming to prepare!
- Cube butternut squash and toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in oven for 17-20 minutes.
- Cut kale and toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in oven for 7-10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup cooked freekeh, ¼ cup roasted butternut squash, ¼ cup roasted kale to bowl.
- Top with goat cheese crumbles and blueberries; toss to combine.
- Optional: Cool dish (to room temp or below); add (1) GoLive® Flavorless Probiotic + Prebiotic ready-to-mix packet for a gut-healthy boost!
- Optional: Drizzle favorite vinaigrette on top for additional flavor.
Recipe Development: Kristine Berube, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.